important information from moscar capital ltd.
The information on this web site is directed at persons who may be classified under the Rules of the UK Financial Conduct Authority as either an “eligible counterparty” or a “professional customer”. Any enquiry from a person who may be classified under the Rules as a “retail customer” will be declined. The information is not to be regarded as an offer to buy or sell securities or investments in any jurisdiction other than the UK, including, but not limited to, the United States of America.
Persons resident in territories other than the UK should consult their professional advisers as to whether they require any governmental or other consents or need to observe any formalities to enable them to invest in the products described on this website.
The information on this web site is primarily intended for owners and managers of companies incorporated in the UK who may be seeking sources of potential financing, as well as financial institutions in the UK seeking a potential partner for investment in UK companies.
We do not offer investment advice or make recommendations regarding investments, nor do we offer tax advice and nothing on this website should be construed as investment or tax advice. The information on this web site is for informative purposes only. Under no circumstances is the information to be used or considered as an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. Additional information is available upon request. Where information has been obtained from outside sources, it is believed to be reliable but is not represented to be accurate or complete. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future. The value of an investment and any income from it can go down as well as up and an investor may not get back the amount originally invested.
We accept responsibility for the information on this web site. To the best of our knowledge and belief (having taken all reasonable care to ensure that this is the case) the information on this web site is in accordance with the facts and does not omit anything likely to affect the import of such information. This website may contain links to other websites provided by third parties. Such links are for your information only and we have control over the content or resource of those sites and accept no responsibility for them, or any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
This web site is subject to regular update and revision. While we attempt to ensure the correctness and timeliness of all material posted on the web site, we take no responsibility for errors or omissions which are the result of technical causes, or otherwise. We maintain the right to delete or modify in part or in full any information on this web site without prior notice.
This Fund may not be suitable for all investors. Potential investors are recommended to seek independent financial and tax advice before investing. Please note that Moscar Capital is not able to provide you with advice about whether you should invest in this Fund. As with many investment products, there are risks associated with investing in this Fund. We have tried to explain the material risks as clearly as possible below. Please be aware though that there may be risks not currently known to us which may also have an adverse effect on investments in the Fund.
• This material is confidential. No part of it may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted without written permission. The information within this material is issued by Moscar Capital Ltd to sophisticated investors who are Professional Clients or Eligible Counterparties under the Rules of the United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”).
• The information contained in this material does not constitute a distribution, an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or products in any jurisdiction in which such an offer or invitation is not authorised and/or would be contrary to local law or regulation. This material does not constitute a financial offer or promotion and is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment, legal, tax or other advice. Any offering is made only pursuant to the relevant offering document and the relevant subscription application, all of which must be read in their entirety. No offer to purchase securities will be made or accepted prior to receipt by the offeree of these documents and the completion of all appropriate documentation.
• Any investment products to which this material may relate are not promoted generally to UK persons but are directed exclusively at persons who are Professional Clients or Eligible Counterparties for the purposes of the FCA Rules. Any investment products to which this material may relate are only available to such Professional Clients or Eligible Counterparties and other persons should not act or rely on the information.
• Having regard to the Fund’s investment objectives, investment in the Fund must be considered as a long-term investment.
• Investors may not receive back the full amount that they have invested in the Fund. The value of each investment made by the Fund may fall, and there is no guarantee that an investment may not lose all of its value.
• Success of the Fund will depend in part upon the skill and expertise of Moscar Capital and the continued availability of the senior investment team.
• Investments in shares in unquoted companies are not readily marketable and the timing of any realisation cannot be predicted. You should not invest in this product unless you have carefully thought about whether you can afford it and whether it is right for you, having had the opportunity to take independent advice. You should be prepared to leave the investment intact for the life of the Fund.
• Investment in smaller and unquoted companies is likely to involve a higher degree of risk than investment in larger companies and those traded on main stock exchanges. Smaller companies generally may have limited product lines, markets or financial resources and may be more dependent on their management or key individuals than larger companies. Although the Fund and Moscar Capital may receive conventional rights granted to private equity funds and managers in the legal investment documents it negotiates with Investee Companies in connection with the Fund’s investments, as a minority investor it may not always be in a position to fully protect the interests of Investors in the Fund.
• Potential investors should note that investments can involve significant risks and the value of an investment may go down as well as up. No assurance can be given that the investment objective of any product will be achieved or that substantial losses will not be suffered. There is no guarantee of trading performance and past or projected performance is not a guide to future results. Potential investors should read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant investment product information carefully before any investment decision is made
• Although the team at Moscar Capital has been successful in identifying investments in the past, it may be unable to find a sufficient number of attractive opportunities to meet its investment objectives or fully invest the Fund’s capital without significant delay.
• Many unquoted companies requiring private equity investment are experiencing significant change and carry higher risk than an investment in larger or longer established businesses.
• Legal and regulatory changes could occur during the life of the Fund which may adversely affect the Fund or its Investors.
• Many unquoted companies have small management teams and are highly dependent on the skills and commitment of a small number of individuals. The departure of any directors and/or key employees could have a material adverse effect on the Investee Company’s business.
• Moscar Capital Ltd is incorporated under the Companies Act 2006 as a private company with company number 11695794J8 and registered office is in England and Wales. Moscar Capital Ltd (FRN 844770) and an Appointed Representative of J8 Capital Management LLP. J8 Capital Management LLP is incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnership Act 2000 as a limited liability partnership with company number OC371396, the partnership is limited and the registered office at 118 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5ED is in England, United Kingdom, www.j8capital.com. J8 Capital Management LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 767969). VAT no. GB279694823.
In this Policy, “MC”, “we”, “us” and “our”, refer to Moscar Capital Ltd, registered in the United Kingdom with registered office 40 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NR and the funds which it manages. Moscar Capital Ltd’s registration number is 11695794.
MC is committed to safeguarding information provided to us by any third parties (“you”) (including its clients and all visitors to the website www.moscar.co.uk (the “Website”)) from which any individual can be identified, such as names, contact details and ID data (“Personal Information”). To the extent that any Personal Information is collected, it will be held in confidence in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation (as defined below). Please read the following Privacy and Cookies Policy which explains how we use and protect your information.
We will only use Personal Information which is provided to us, or otherwise obtained by us, as set out in this Policy. We will ensure that your Personal Information is handled in accordance with the “Data Protection Legislation” (meaning any law applicable from time to time relating to the processing of Personal Information and/or privacy as the same may be re-enacted, applied, amended, superseded, repealed or consolidated, including without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, in each case including any legally binding regulations, directions and orders issued from time to time under or in connection with any such law).
By visiting and/or contacting us through the Website (or otherwise engaging with us, such as for investor relations purposes), you acknowledge that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information as set out in this Policy. MC reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time and you should therefore check this page frequently to ensure that you understand any changes.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, MC and any Funds in which you invest are deemed to be the “data controllers” in respect of any Personal Information that you provide to us or we otherwise obtain about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy covers:
1. Personal Information that we collect from you.
2. Personal Information that we receive from other sources.
3. Sensitive Personal Information.
4. What we do with your Personal Information.
5. How we share your Personal Information.
6. Our security measures and information about when we delete data.
7. Transferring Personal Information outside of the EEA.
8. Accessing and updating your Personal Information.
11. Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
12. Our contact information.
1. Personal Information that we collect from you
When you engage with us (e.g. sending us emails, contacting us via telephone or visiting or making an enquiry through the Website), you may provide Personal Information about yourself including your name and contact details (e.g. your address, email address and telephone number) and your job title and CV where you apply for a role with us. Although you engage with us as a professional or representative of an institutional investor, we are still likely to receive some Personal Information from you (e.g. email address, tax information, investment history and/or bank details). Where you make use of our Website we may also collect information about your use of the Website (e.g. your IP address and choice of web browser). Some of this Personal Information is collected and processed so we can perform a contract with you, some for the purpose of legal compliance and some for the purposes of our legitimate business interests (namely to carry out and improve our business, analyse the use of our Website and services and support our staff and clients).
Where you apply for a job with us, we may collect from you and third parties (where relevant) additional Personal Information such as your CV and any references. In the event that you are unsuccessful, we will only retain this Personal Information for as long as is reasonably necessary to process your application, unless we need to retain such information for compliance with our legal obligations.
Where you provide Personal Information on behalf of another individual, you are responsible for notifying that individual that you have provided their Personal Information to us and directing them to this Policy as to how we will process their Personal Information.
2. Personal Information that we receive from other sources
We may receive information from third parties who collect Personal Information from you and pass it on to us. For example: (i) where we are conducting due diligence on prospective investee companies or deciding whether to invest in third parties we may also receive Personal Information concerning key personnel; (ii) our staff may also give us emergency contact information as part of our emergency scenario planning and may give us details of their dependents and of other people in relation to their employee benefits arrangements; (iii) where another individual makes an investment on your behalf, they may provide us with certain Personal Information to effect the transfer of the investment to you, such as your name and contact details; (iv) your employer may provide your Personal Information to us in connection with a service they provide to us or in connection with services that we provide to our clients; and (v) we may receive information from past employers and others concerning your employment history where you apply for a job with us. Where this is the case the third party is responsible for informing you that they have shared your Personal Information with us, directing you to this Policy as to how we will process your Personal Information and obtaining any relevant consents from you to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your Personal Information will be used, but once we are holding it, we will only handle it in accordance with this Policy.
3. Sensitive Personal Information
“Sensitive Personal Information” is Personal Information concerning an individual’s (i) racial or ethnic origin, (ii) political opinions, (iii) religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, (iv) membership of a trade union, (v) physical or mental health or condition, (vi) sexual life or orientation, (vii) commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him/her, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
You may provide us with Sensitive Personal Information from time to time in connection with our provision of investment services to you, where you apply for a management role as a director of one of our portfolio companies or otherwise. In such cases, the provision of this information is entirely voluntary and subject to your express consent, however, we may be unable to carry out some activities necessary to process your application, instructions or other requests without the provision of such information, including that we may be unable to process shareholder application forms or similar requests.
Where we do receive Sensitive Personal Information, we will only keep such information for as long as strictly necessary in order to comply with our obligations under the law.
4. What we do with your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information in order to (a) complete diligence and assessment of a prospective investment opportunity, (b) consider and process your application for employment with MC or a portfolio company, (c) manage and administer your investment or proposed investment in the relevant Fund and any related accounts on an ongoing basis, in accordance with the contract between you and the relevant Fund, (d) provide investor relations and support to you in respect of these services, (e) improve our Website and services, (f) comply with our own legal and regulatory obligations, including in relation to financial promotion, applicable anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financial legislation, the Common Reporting Standard and FATCA, and (g) for our internal business processes, including providing support to our staff and assessing prospective investee companies.
Where you have explicitly consented or requested at the time we collected your Personal Information or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may also use your Personal Information to let you know about any of our services that may be of interest to you and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services by email.
Where you or your employer (or any other entity you work for) provides services to us, you and/or they may provide us with some of your Personal Information in connection with the provision of the services, such as your name, business contact details and other ID information. We will only process such Personal Information in connection with the provision of the services (such as using your contact details to discuss the services) and in accordance with this Policy. In addition, where necessary, we may also share your Personal Information with our investors or other third parties in order to provide our services (e.g. if you or your business provides investor administration services, we may share your business contact details with our investors so that they can contact you).
If you change your mind about us using your Personal Information in the ways described in this Policy, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com. You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions outlined in the email.
5. How we share your Personal Information
Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for our internal business processes, we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties, such as our Funds’ administrator and other delegates, professional advisors, service providers, regulatory bodies, auditors, technology providers and any duly authorised agents or related, associated or affiliated companies of the foregoing for the same purposes.
By submitting your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge that such third parties may receive and process your Personal Information. We ask all third parties to treat your Personal Information securely and in accordance with this Policy and will take reasonable steps to enforce this. We will never sell your data.
In addition, it may be necessary to disclose your Personal Information if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation (such as anti-money laundering or anti-terrorist financing obligations), carry out an internal investigation, enforce the terms of any agreement which we have with you, or protect the rights, property, or safety of MC, the Funds, our group companies and our clients, directors, employees or other personnel. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention. In particular, in order to comply with the Common Reporting Standard and FATCA, Personal Information may be shared with the tax authority of the jurisdiction in which the relevant Fund is domiciled. It in turn may exchange information (including Personal Information and financial information) with foreign tax authorities (including the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and foreign tax authorities located outside the European Economic Area).
In exceptional circumstances, if we are sold or merged with another company we may disclose your information to a potential buyer, including your Personal Information and other information concerning your relationship with us, so that they can continue to provide the services you have requested.
6. Our security measures and information about when we delete data
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require and, in any event, only for as long as the Data Protection Legislation allows.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will take steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via the Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
7. Transferring Personal Information outside of the EEA
Any Personal Information provided to MC (including any Fund) will be transferred to and stored on MC’s servers in the UK. We take steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
In processing your Personal Information, it may occasionally be necessary for us to transfer your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to our staff and our third-party service providers. It may also be accessed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or group companies. This includes people engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services to us. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the Data Protection Legislation when it is processed in, or otherwise accessed from, a location outside the EEA. This means that we will only transfer your Personal Information to third parties based outside the EEA if that party (a) is situated in a country that has been confirmed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection to Personal Information, (b) has agreed (by way of written contract incorporating the “model clauses” as approved by the European Commission or by some other form of data transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission) to provide all protections to your Personal Information as required by the Data Protection Legislation or (c) we have your explicit consent to do so (such as where you have requested a service from one of our Funds situated outside the EEA). Where any transfer takes place under a written contract, you have the right to request a copy of that contract and may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the UK is no longer a part of the EEA, references in this paragraph to the EEA shall mean the EEA and the UK.
By submitting your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge this transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Information.
8. Accessing and updating your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing or research purposes. If you have given us your express consent, or where we otherwise have the right to do so, we may use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes, we will seek your explicit consent prior to any such transfer. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing from marketing emails as indicated or by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also exercise the right any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled to know some details about the Personal Information we hold about you and how that information is processed. If you would like to request this, please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide you with the information to which you are entitled.
You can also ask us to: (a) make any changes to ensure that any Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date; (b) erase or stop processing any Personal Information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or (c) in some circumstances, transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding such issues.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information via these websites.
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your browser from a web server and is stored on your computer. Cookies help us to analyse web traffic and identify which pages of our Website are being used.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than information about how you use the Website and the Personal Information you choose to share with us (including Personal Information you automatically share with us by way of your browser settings).
In particular, we use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features.
(b) Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from the web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor; all information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our Website works.
(c) Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to identify unique visitors to Websites. If you log in to the Websites, these are the cookies that allow us to remember who you are and what your preferences are so that we can provide you with access to pages personal to you, for example your account pages or your selected font size. These cookies can help to keep your visit to the site secure.
(d) Targeting cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies collect the most information about users.
(e) Session cookies. These cookies allow us to identify your device as you use the Website, so that you are not treated as a new visitor each time you go to another part of the Website.
You will normally see a message on our Website before we store a cookie on your computer which describes the types of cookies we use and what information they might collect. We may also use banners and pop-ups from time to time to give you options around cookie use.
You can also manage cookie use via your browser settings (this will allow you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies) and your browser provider may ask you to confirm your settings. Note, however, that if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) via your browser settings you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
11. Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
MC may amend this Policy at any time without notice. By continuing to use the Website and making use of our services you acknowledge that we shall process your Personal Information in accordance with the updated Policy. If you are not happy with any changes that we make, you should not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Website and/or our services. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on the Website.
12. Our contact information
If you have any questions (including relating to transfers of your Personal Information outside the EEA), please feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time fraudsters may try to pass themselves off as Moscar Capital Ltd. Such frauds may involve email communications purporting to come from Moscar Capital Ltd. If you have any doubts at all about the authenticity of any persons purporting to represent Moscar Capital Ltd, we recommended that you thoroughly check out their credentials. Alternatively you can contact the FCA, the UK financial services regulator. You may also wish to refer to the ‘Warnings and Alerts’ page of the FCA’s website for details of the latest known frauds.
Registered in England no 11695794.